Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Friday, September 12, 2014

HE CAMBIADO!


September 1, 2014
Hellooooooo!

Once upon a time, everyone´s favorite Mexican missionary was sitting in nightly planning with her beloved companion. Suddenly, the phone rang. "Asistente 1," it read. "WHAT?!" The bewildered sisters exclaimed. "The cambios are done already?!" 

"Hermana Ayala?" El Elder said. "Are you ready for the cambios?"

"Yes Elder. Tell me," she replied. In Spanish. Because they both speak Spanish.

"Your compañera has cambios, Hermana. Your compañera has cambios." 

What is the moral of this little story? YOU BET YOUR LIFE I HAVE HAD TRANSFERS! Así es, mi querido familia. Now I am in some place named Emilio Zapata with Hermana Pasley. That doesn´t sound like a very Mexican name, you say? Ya got that right. My lovely companion is from St. George Utah, and I can already tell that we are going to be best friends. Apart from the fact that I´m compañera mayor in a new place with an American companion and that I am freaking out, I am REALLY excited for this cambio! 

Zapata is a little more like Frontera. No Walmart. No... well... much of anything. 
It´s all hills, so that´s awesome, and our house is ant-free. #itsamiracle. I mean, I prefer ants over cockroaches, but if there are neither then that would be the best. 
Also my ex-compañera hermana Martinez is here in the branch! apparently there are 8 missionaries here. 

Saying good-bye in Deportiva was the worst, though. I am not joking. Nancy came to the bus station this morning, and sat with me for the whole 2.5 hours I was there, just so that she could see me off. She is the best. I cried. Everyone we saw yesterday was just so nice! I felt SO much love from the members and from the investigatores. And the other missionaries. I did NOT want to leave Hermana Ayala, Weaver, and Perez. They are so wonderful, and I had SO MUCH FUN living with them.  I feel like I´m leaving home all over again every time we have cambios. Ugh. 

This weekend was stake conference and it was amazing. Elder Lester Johnson, an area seventy, came to speak to us. The Saturday night session was amazing for two reasons: #1: Hermano Gustavo, an hermano we have been working with that was baptized in March, said the opening prayer. And it was beautiful. It is so fun to see their progression after baptism!!! and #2: The entire meeting was on the work of salvation. It was awesome! They talked about member missionary work, retention, activation, family history, and temple work. I think every person there walked out feeling more responsible for the obra (work) of salvation.

 O sea, Moses 1:39. "For behold this is MY WORK and MY GLORY, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."

Do you know why being a missionary is so great? Because for 1.5-2 years of your life, you get to have the EXACT same work and glory as our Heavenly Father. No wonder we feel so close to Him when we participate in this great work! It is the most humbling, satisfying, and spiritually edifying thing one could ever be a part of. It is de beeeehhhsst. I am so blessed. 

Welll... I´ll try to go send pictures. 

Please don´t forget about me. 

I love you I love you I love you!

Hermana Monser.

PS: MASSIVE congratulations to BFF Karissa y su marido Cody. It´s so weird, but I´m happy for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment