Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, April 28, 2014

Birthday surprises!

Hola mí familia!
 
I´m writing first today, without reading anything from anyone because... well I´ll explain in a second. Just wanted you (coughmomcough) to know why I am not answering any questions in this here email.
 
First off, my birthday was wonderful!!! Remember that mission-wide volleyball tournament? I lied. It was the 4 zones in our stake and we played baseball and kickball. It was SO FUN. I am serious. The president, his wife, and their two daughters played with us too and it was just a "ball." (ha-ha). It was also the birthday of another sister in the mission, so all of the missionaries sang us happy birthday in two different songs and two different languages. HAPPY BIRTHDAY A TODOS!
 
I also realized this week that I am way more passionate about things that I cared little to nothing about before. Por ejemplo: Baseball. Got real into that game. And also science. Hermana Wood told me the other day that she didn´t believe in dinosaurs, and I went off on this tangent about how science and religion can be friends instead of enemies.... She probably thought I was crazy. 
 
Back to my birthday... After the games we went to DAIRY QUEEN with our zone and it was delicious. I mean, real ice cream on my birthday? What more could a girl ask for? Then we went back to Frontera, washed our clothes in the lavanderia of Hermano Reyes and hermana Ana, and then went shopping for fud. Theeeennnn we went to Hermana Flor´s house, where these lovely hermanas of mine had set up a little surprise party espcially for me! There were balloons... hot dogs.. hortchata... cake... They even upheld their "push the birthday kids face in the cake." Oh, how we laughed. It was a wonderful time. :)
 
I know what you are thinking. "Oh. That must be the birthday surprise she is referring to in the title." Please notice, dear family, that I have written above birhtday surpriseS. As in mas que uno. I suppose that you are supposing that I am writing from the same place I have written for many weeks. If you are supposing that, you would be wrong. Today was the day of cambios, and I have been changed! I´m writing to you from the lovely little town of Villahermosa, where I am working with Hermana Lopez. She has 14 months in the mission, and is super sweet. So... Shock of your life, right? I know. Still doesn´t feel real.
 
Well, I´ll write more next week! Those are the two most important things you need to know, and Io don´t actually know how much time we have to write today. But know that I love you, and I pray for each of you every day!!!
 
I love you I love you I love you!!!
 
Con amor,
Hermana Moser
 
PS Shout out to baby brother Jesse for getting baptized this Saturday!!! I´m proud of you, buddy! I´ll be thinking about you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment