Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Conferencia General

April 7, 2014

Hola familia mía!

Cómo han estado? I would like to begin with a SEVERE reprimand because NO ONE told me that my dear cousin Marlayna was engaged. (Congratulations, by the way.. That´s wonderful and your pictures are really adorable! :) And so now I would like an explanation and a note of apology from everyone that knew and didn´t tell me. Thank you. 

Wasn´t conference wonderful? Did I understand all of it? No. Did I still learn something? Yes. Like a thousand somethings. I have no doubt in my mind that those men and women are called of God to lead and guide us through these perilous times. How blessed we are to have guidance and to know what we need to do to be truly happy in this life! QUE BENDICIÓN! My favorite part was when Elder Packer bore his testimony of the Savior. It was so powerful. You can just feel that the apostles are special witnesses of Christ, even through transmission. OH I cannot get over how blessed we are!!

I also loved when Elder Holland said something like, ¨Being a missionary is hard, but we do it anyway because we love them.¨(Maybe it was part of the letter he read? Ya no me acuerdo). This work is not something that is easy to do, and sometimes it gets real frustrating when people use their agency to make the wrong choice. Take, for example, that not only did none of our investigators come to conference, but neither did most of the active members. We do not understand. But as I looked through my notes afterwards, I noticed how many times I had written the word ¨love.¨ ¨Christlike love is the greatest thing we have on this planet--It can change the world.¨¨Love God and love your neighbor--you can´t do one without the other.¨¨Ours is a message of love.¨We are here because we love these people. They are our brothers and our sisters, and they have an eternal potential and divine worth that they cannot yet see. How we are going to help them make better decisions we don´t quite know yet, but everything is in God´s time. And if there is one thing I am learning on my mission, it is that when we trust in the Lord todo va a estar bien. 

ALSO Elder Scott totally voiced-over his own talk. IT WAS AWESOME! The man can speak Spanish. Did you know that? I did not know that. 

And now for a funny conference story:
My dear, sweet companion, Hermana Martinez, decided that since we weren´t going to be doing a lot of walking on Saturday, she wanted to wear high heels. Not super high.. only like an inch.. but she hadn´t worn them for her entire mission. What she didn´t remember, is that we had offered to pick up an investigator that lives on the other side of town for conference. We had been walking for like 4 minutes, and she was already sweating bullets and saying that I would have to go on without her. She was walking with these tiny little baby steps, and it was the funniest thing ever. I literally could not even walk slow enough for her to keep up with me. I´d get to walking and then I´d hear ¨Sister Moser! Espere! Camino como tortuga!¨hhahahaha.. So funny. 

Turns out, our investigator ¨salió¨ which meant that we had walked all that way for nothing. So as we began walking, I began complaining about being lied to all the times and hermana M was complaining about sweating and high heels. Then I just started laughing, and likened our situation to Laman and Lemuel. There we were, traveling in the desert, and now we have to go all the way back? #murmuring Mi compañera sure got a kick out of that, and it helped us turn our attitudes right back around to being more of the Nephi and Sam variety. I mean.. she was still sweating and walking like a turtle, but we could laugh about it. Well, I could laugh about it. :) 

Nathan was in distinguished dude?! Cool! What was his talent? Photos? Thanks. THANK you, also, for the pictures of prom and the pink bunny. Well worth the wait, those. :) 

Remember how happy I was that we didn´t have daylight savings in Mexico? I spoke too soon. We definitely have daylight savings in Mexico, and I do not like that new horario. It´s still dark when we get up, and there is more sun during the day. All of the misioneras are tired, and I think it´s because it feels like 5 in the morning when we wake up. So.. We were on the same schedule as ya´ll for about a month, but now we´re an hour ahead otra vez. Which will be good to know for May 10th, don´t you think? ;)

I am glad that you are all happy and healthy! Thank you so much for your prayers and your fasting and your love. I am one truly blessed misionera, y les quiero a cada uno de ustedes! 

I love you I love you I love you! 

Hermana Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment