Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Is it April yet?

Holaaaaaaa everyone!

Glad to hear your trip was just a lovely experience! I´m also glad to hear that you are all home safe and sound. You never know what you are gonna get with those northern roads... especially with Brad driving........ :) 

Also now there are two pictures that I am waiting on. 1) Dad as the pink bunny. 2) Nathan at prom with Kaesi. Grashus. 

For the benefit de mi madre: We drink milk out of cardboard cartons. It´s the non-refridgerated stuff. It is all sorts of nasty when you drink it by itself, but over some sugar cereal it sure is tasty. We do not knock on doors, we call at the gate. Every house has like a wrought iron fence or something like that, and we cannot even get to the door let alone knock it. So we ¨Buenas tarDES¨ outside the gate. It is only not effective when they are behind a closed door, which is almost never because it is so hot and all doors and windows are open at all times. 

Investigators can touch us..just not boy investigators. Or boy anyone. The shoulder tapping was pretty harmless, but he´s getting more bold. Not with me.. but with Hermana Martinez. Bless him. (Right now we´re talking about Andres, age 19). We taught him the first half of the Plan of Salvation last week, and it was so powerful! We were in a lesson with Hermano Rodrigo, our 26 year recently returned missionary/ lider misional, which always makes things better. Andres had all of these questions about why he needs to repent, and what is going to happen if he doesn´t, why Jesus would do something like that, etc. Thus we explained the atonement of Jesus Christ, and why it is so incredibly important that we have this gift. I shared one of my favorite scriptures on the atonement--Alma 7: 12. ¨And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities¨Then I had this a-ha moment, where I realized that because we lived with Christ before we were born, He knows our spirits perfectly. Now, because he has realized the atonement and has suffered for every pain, affliction, temptation, and trial that we will ever face, he knows our physical selves perfectly as well. It is for this reason that we can turn to Him for ANYTHING. He knows exactly what we are feeling, and exactly what we need to feel better. Oh it is wonderful! We are meeting with Andres again tonight, and hopefully he will FOR SURE accept his baptism date of April 26th :) 

Anyway, the other exciting event of this week was the Womens Conference on Saturday! IT WAS AWESOME! I love the ¨let´s just take a moment and talk about how awesome it is to be daughters of God¨outlook. And during Sister Wixoms talk when all of the younger girls sang... Powerful. (Speaking of Sister Wixom.. her Spanish voice-over had some sort of lisp. Well.. not lisp.. it´s ¨slushy.¨Good to know I still think of my mom when I hear things like that, right? haha). 

We had clases de Ingles again in the capilla on Saturday, but this time NO ONE came. So we decided that we are going to stop having them. Ain´t nobody got time for that. Apparently, though, this was not communicated effectively because not only did the bishop announce clases de Ingles over the pulpit, but clases de Piano as well. WHAT?! He invited the entire ward to attend. So that should be interesting. 

I am SO EXCITED that tomorrow is April because 1) That means a VERY important day is a mere 22 or less days in the future and 2) People will FINALLY stop telling me that the heat is just starting. I don´t know if it will matter that the temperature is higher.. there is no possible way I can sweat any more than I already am. It is good to know that now everyone is feeling the heat, and not just the güera from the north. :) 

Today, as we were feeding our faces with Hermana Flor´s DELICIOUS food, we were talking about the comida that each state is known for. Estado de Mexico is barbacoa.. Monterray is something I´ve never heard of but I think it´s cow.. etcétera. No one knew what the food of Tabasco is. Hermana Martinez reckons it´s Pozol, which is this drink thing that is only delicious when made with chocolate milk. I thought to myself Ï mean.. it´s good.. but it´s nothing to write home about.¨And so then I wanted to write home about it cuz that´s funny. (Insert pity laugh here). 

Well.. I think that´s all I got. I mean.. you should probably know that I am going to gain 500 lbs from all the bolis and paletas de coco we eat to keep ourselves cool. Don´t worry about it! It´s FINE. 

I love you I love you I love you!!

Hermana Monser. (That is how they pronounce my name. Bless them.. they try).

No comments:

Post a Comment