Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, March 3, 2014

FELIZ DIA DE AMISTAD!

February 18, 2014
HOLA familiares y amigos! 

This week was... Well, to be honest I´m not sure what to call this week. It had moments of hilarious and awkward and humbling and wonderful. The MOST wonderful was when we went to Las Rosas last week for zone conference, and I came home with TWO dearelders, a Browning Christmas card (Shout out to Eric and Jana fam!) and a PACKAGE! Which, to be honest, I was trying really hard not to be excited about because I knew that it was just going to be a sheet. But then I opened it and there were all of these wonderful valentine treasures inside! Somebody loves me :) Also, I love the sheet. And I love that my mom knew I needed pens without me saying anything and so sent me a whole package of them. 

The dearelders were both the funniest things I have ever read. One was from Sister Howell, and it was so wonderful! Seriously, I think we are going to have a lot in common when I get home. She told me not to write her back, which I can´t really do anyways because nobody knows how the mail operates here, but here is her personal shoutout that I received and LOVED her letter.  The other was from Mom and Jesse. Jesse´s sounded like something right out of Junie B. Jones. ¨My teacher said she forgot something and that you know when you forget something and it goes all the way to Mexico? And so I thought I should raise my hand and say that my sister is in Mexico and she could actually get you that thing you forgot, but then my teacher said that we weren´t talking about Mexico anymore.¨  hahaha That kid is the best. So thank you to all who participated in the excitment that was the mail last week. :)

Valentines Day was a whole interesting story in and of itself. There are two stories that I have to share: 
1) We were sitting there, eating lunch like a couple of regular joes, when we heard what sounded like rain. It was not raining outside. We looked back at the young child sleeping in the hammack, and realized that she was indeed wetting her pants. It was hilarious. Seriously probably one of my favorite lunch time stories.

2) There is an old man that works at the Hotel on Obregon that waves and saludes us EVERY time we pass by. I have no idea why he does this, because we don´t know him. He´s always our back-up plan. We call him Hermano Hola. Well, Valentines day we were on our way to an appointment when he called out his salutation. But then he motioned for us to stop, which we did. I was thinking ¨We are about to have one of those really cool missionary experiences, where they say something about how they just have a feeling they need to talk to us¨or something like that. Nope. He stopped us to give me a rose. #awkward. We obviously started a gospel conversation with him, but he kept not answering our questions. He´s very Catholic and did not actually want to talk to us. But now the door is open, and hno. Miguel is on our radar. 

I sure hope that I will not feel the urge to write so many words someday! Because since Hermana Wood moved out, my English connection has all but disappeared. And I have discovered that I am really quiet when it´s hard to figure out how to say what I want to say. This is not good, because in order to progress I know that I have to start talking. It is just so difficult to translate and then speak and then not even have it mean exactly what you want it to mean! Much easier to smile and nod. 

But there is a scripture in the Book of Mormon that we have discovered this week, that really puts things into perspective. Etér 12:13-16. These verses talk about FAITH working MIRACLES. I am realizing just how much my lack of faith and my pride are holding me back. Or rather, Heavenly Father has shown me in a variety of ways that I have a lot of flaws that I need to work on. But I know that with faith all things are possible. I know that if I have faith and open my mouth, Heavenly Father will bless it with words. I think I have been relying too much on Hermana Morales (who is still great) and not enough on the power of the Spirit. So that´s my goal for this week. 

Glad to hear all is well with Bandito! I am SURE it is going to be a hit! Ya just can´t go wrong with a show like that coupled with the cast and crew (including the director) ya´ll got. 

Well.. that´s all, folks. Don´t want to bore you with anymore stories, like waiting 1.5 hours for the bus in the hot hot sun, or chicken feet in the soup. I love you and I´m praying for you and I´m beyond grateful for your love and prayers. I am so blessed to have so many righteous examples in my life.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true, restored church of Christ. The gospel of Christ is full and complete, and will bless lives more than anything else ever will. Go share it.

I love you I love you I love you!

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment