Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, March 3, 2014

When the saints go MARCHing in...(get it?)


Hola mi querido familia!

I am so glad that everything is going well for everyone! I love that everyone is exhausted. Last night as I was falling asleep (at 10:30 local standard time) I thought to myself, Ï wonder what is happening currently at my house?¨When I wonder this thing on Sunday nights, I usually answer myself with ¨Brownies. They are definitely having brownies or popcorn because it is approximately 9 pm and that is what we do on Sunday night.¨But turns out last night ya´ll were in bed too!! Great minds think alike, I guess. ;)

This week was exciting! Do you know why? Of course you don´t! And so I will tell you. Last week we were privileged to go to Villa not only once, but TWICE. Yes.. twice. That´s four trips on the bus. Good times.. (Actually, one trip had the movie ¨Here comes the Boom¨ playing right in my face. Talk about temptations..) Anyway, trip numero uno was for a multi-zone conference with Elder Arnulfo Valenzuela, an area authority. It was amazing! He shook all of our hands, and just had this genuine love radiating from him! He was just so happy to be with us. He talked with us about how we can improve the work in Villahermosa. We have a TON of things to work on. I am not joking. So much things. (editors note:  What?!)   Por ejemplo: One major ¨rule¨in the mission field is to hablar con todos. Elder Valenzuela told us that our of every 5 people you talk to, only one will accept your message. Therefore, when you get rejected, get rejected with a smile. It only means that you are that much closer to finding the one. And so we have been trying to be better about talking to everybody! The only problem is I am still really awkward...It´s fine. 

My favorite part, though, was when he pointed us to Matt. 5. This has 3 stories of different miracles that Christ realized, and that he would have missed had he not been focused on those around him and their needs. Christ was the perfect example of everything, including finding and teaching the ONE. Every person we pass on the street has a grand potential as a son or daughter of God, but they don´t know it yet! and the only way they are going to find out is if we open our mouths and tell them! 

He also said that when someone asks for evidence of a living prophet, we should just smile and say Ït is me!¨Because we have been called of God through a living prophet to be here with these people at this time. QUE BENDICIÓN!

And so, I learned quite a lot from this conference. :) Elder Valenzuela spoke in the last general conference, so if you feel so inclined... I HIGHLY recommend reviewing his talk :) 

The second trip was for a consejo de todos los lideres de zona. My companion is the líder capacitadora (she took the place of Hermana Morales) and so we got to go. And by we, I really mean just her. Every time we go to the consejo I get a new companion for the morning. BUT I did get to go to McDonalds, and so that was exciting. I have never had a better hamburger. I also got to see Hermana Hilton! For about .5 seconds in the bus terminal, but it was like being reunited with family! OHHH it was wonderful! And I was reunited with mi mama (aka hermana Morales) in the house in which we slept that night because she is the líder capacitadora in her new area! So both trips to Villahermosa were actually wonderful this time! :) 

The work is still progressing in this heat-infested land. Tristan, our 9 year old soon to be baptized, is ready as ever for Saturday and we are SO excited! Especially since he is going to invite his papa to his baptism and confirmation. And then when he comes.. BAM! New investigator para nosotras. I am so excited! 

Selene, we have discovered, is not actually married. Everyone here uses the work ësposo¨whether they are married or not, and so that is confusing. However, her not-husband is back in town, and came to church with her on Sunday! He said that he felt really good there in the capilla, and that he wants to change some things in his life. So we are going to go have a chat with this little family tomorrow! The only thing I can think of that is better than Selene getting baptized is for her to be sealed eternally to this man and her little daughter! AHHH! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!

Congratulations to Prep for being baptized!! That´s awesome! And Porter, and next Macy... Such an important step! I am so proud of my cousins!! 

Well, keep pressing forward and keep the faith! Thank you SO MUCH for your prayers! I can definitely feel their power helping me here in the land of ants and reptiles.

I love you I love you I love you!!!

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment