Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, November 3, 2014

It´s the MOST wonderful time of the yeaaarrrr....

I know that I should not be singing Christmas songs... buuut I actually can´t help it. The weather has cooled off and it is November and there are Christmas decorations in the store. If I ever bring you to Tabasco, we are coming in November. It is perfect right now.

I was hoping for some Hallaween photos... pero bueno. Here in Mexico they do not celebrate Halloween. They think it is creepy and weird to dress up and ask for candy. Only the children in the local English clases enjoy that kind of tradition. I saw exactly 1 kid dressed up. And his costume was just face paint. Instead of stuffing their faces full of sugar for no reason, they have what is called El Dia de Muertos. It is kind of like memorial day, only different. They go to the graves of their loved ones, clean up (literally sweeping and moping because their tombs are like mini houses), light a candle, and sit there with them all day. And some all night. #creepy. The whole world makes tamalles and sets them out as an offering for the spirits that are going to come visit. It is an interesting tradition. We went to the cemetary to offer our services and we got a lot of references. They didn´t really want to listen to our message, but they sure liked our hymns :) 

Last... Wednesday? we got caught in a freak rain storm. It came out of nowhere and we were very unprepared. We found ourselves a little overhang to protect ourselves from the flooded, river-like streets and ended up meeting a whole lot of people. The best one was when Hermana Solis wanted a plastic bag to protect her books. I said, "Why don´t we ask this man who is watching the rain from his window?" So we went and asked him, and her literally immediately opened the door and invited us in. He was really excited. It turns out that his primo lives in BARRIO DEPORTIVA and is the counselor in the stake presidency there. YES, I KNOW HIM! Crazy. He has always wanted to go to our church, but he has never had the opportunity. He has to work this Sunday, so unfortunately that means he still has to wait a little bit longer, but he is so prepared it is unreal. We went last night to teach them, and when we extended the baptismal invitation he just said, "Yes. Of course! And I am not just saying that, eh? I am saying that with my whole heart. I want to be baptized. I want to congregate myself with this church." It was incredible. And his wife said the same. We are VERY EXCITED TO TEACH THEM! When he was talking I just kept thinking "Is this real? This doesn´t happen. This only happens in Mormon movies." Nope. Real life. Ah., Zapata is the best. 

What else what else.... Oh. Sewer situation is fixed. I mean.. it happened again a little.. but we fixed it. We are super missionaries. But really.. my gag reflex has never been so tested. 

I love you I love you I love you!

Remember who you are and what you stand for. 

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment