Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I Told Ya So!

November 17, 2014

BueNAS querida familia que adoro... 

Como están? Good? Great. I am so GLAD to hear that. Things are going great for us too! I TOLD you it would be a great week! 

I never remember what I have already told you, so I guess I will just start a the beginning: We met Matilde and Pablo a couple weeks ago because Matilde wanted me to come to her house and translate some Christian Music that she had in English. So... we went. It turned into a gospel conversation and a cita to return. She then introduced us to her husband, Pablo, who is awesome. He is so hilarious. He worked in Arizona when he was younger so he knows a little English... but very little. And when I start talking in English he gets a little overwhelmed. hahaha I wish you could meet him. When we invited them to be baptized he said, "Sure! Why not?" It was Matilde who felt like she needed more preparation. Long story short, Pablo had to work on Sunday, so he couldn`t come... but Matilde came! We did not even see her come in until half-way through sacrament meeting! We were SO HAPPY! She did say something about not enjoying the catter of all of the children.... But I am choosing to overlook that. SHE CAME TO CHURCH! WHOOOO!!!!!!

I have been so proud of the missionary-work type things y'all have been doing! It is so exciting, isn`t it? When people really accept.. when they study and pray and want to learn... it is the best feeling in the world. There is nothing like it. OH there is nothing like being a missionary. 

Speaking of.. Today in comp study we read some really awesome quotes from church presidents. They are found in Preach my Gospel...

"Let the Saints remember that great things depend on their individual exertion, and that they are called to be co-workers with us and the Holy spirit in accomplishing the great work of the last days."  Jose Smith

"There is neither man or woman in this Church who is not on a mission.  That mission will last as long as they live, and it is to do good, to promote righteousness, to teach the principles of truth that they may obtain eternal life."  Brigham Young

“We have mission in the world: each man, each woman, each child who has grown to understanding or to the years of accountability, ought … to be qualified to preach the truth, to bear testimony of the truth” -George Albert Smith

You should go read the rest of them. they are POWERFUL.

Oh... I am almost out of time, but I feel like you should probably be aware that I have been called as the lider capacitadora. It means "sister training leader" in English. I did not remember that, and it was embarrassing when the president extended the assignment in English and I did not understand him. In my defense, he DOES have an accent. I don't really know what it means, but I am excited and super nervous to find out. Good thing we all know that God is in charge of this work. If I wasn`t 100% sure of that, I would think the president had lost his mind.


Sorry this email was lame and didn't make sense. I´ll try better next week.

I love you I love you I love you! 

Hermana Moser


No comments:

Post a Comment