Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, November 24, 2014

Hello family! 

I just saw the time and then I panicked and LITERALLY all of my thoughts left me. I have not as much time to write as I thought I did. I apologize. 

This week we put up our Christmas tree :) I know Dad says "thou shalt not have Christmas before Thanksgiving" but... Well, I am in Mexico and so those rules don`t apply. They do not have Thanksgiving. It was rainy last week, too, so we were all in blankets and sweatshirts with hot chocolate...A Christmas tree just seemed the perfect thing. And yes, it is the Christmas tree that ya`ll sent me last year. Since my package got here late, we didn`t have the chance to use it last year. I have saved it all of this time... And it was worth it. :) 

This week we also went to help some lovely old people dig up some yucca. I actually thought we were going to just help COOK the yucca, but we participated in the entire process. We dug up the yucca, we watched hermano Rosio wash the yucca, we peeled the yucca, we cut up the yucca, we ground the yucca, and then we fried that yucca right up. It is delicious. And also a lot of work. We ended by singing them a hymn, and they said "I think we`ll try your church this week." WHAT?! Solitos they said that... we did not even ask them. The best part is they fulfilled their committment! We went to get them sunday morning and they were there ready to go! They are precious. We took them to church. They loved sacrement meeting so much they decided to stay for gospel principles. They loved gospel principles too, so they decided to stay the third hour. Afterward, we showed all the investigatores the baptismal font. One hermana said, "I am going to get baptized here... First I have to get married, and then I am going to get baptized." And then our investigador, named Haida, said,, "ME TOO! I am going to get married, and then I am going to be baptized." IT WAS THE BEST! The church is true. I love church. Of course, now we have another wedding to plan... and she did say something about another husband in Chiapas... but it`s fine. We have faith. CHRISTMAS BAPTISMS BABY!!!!

Something else totally random happened this week: We had cambios again, and now we have a new district leader. Do you want to know who it is? Elder Kohl Bingham.. from Blackfoot, Idaho. Super weird. hahaha.. It`ll be a good time. 

Wow. I am sorry this was lame. I will do better next week. This time it is a PROMISE.

I love you I love you I love you!

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Hermana Moser
My sweet Christmas Tree!  I waited all year for this!

Overlooking Zapata.

Pulling up the yucca.

Washing the yucca.

Peeling the yucca.

Grinding the yucca.

No comments:

Post a Comment