Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Thursday, October 30, 2014

It´s the most stressful p-day of allll....

Monday, Oct. 28, 2014
HOLA!

My poor companion. She has not had a normal p-day in all of her mission. I mean.. she still hasn´t been out for a whole month yet, but still... 

The Presidente, o sea, Presidente Morales, called us at 10:40 last Monday night, and about scared the jelly right out of me. What he was doing up at that late hour I will never know... haha. He told us that we were going to need to move. What happened was that we lived really close to the river, and now entering the rainy season... well, it has raised substantially and he was worried about us. :) sooo that translates to having to move and that translates to a lot of stress because moving is generally stressful. We had to pack everything, and now we live in a little apartment with Hermana Ayala and Hermana Thompson. They are great, and we are going to have a wonderful time. It is just a little hard still because we have SO MANY THINGS: 2 microwaves, 6 beds, 2 parillas, 6 tables, 100000 folletos.... I am stressed out just thinking about having to go home and organize everything. 

Also stressing me out: the, um... how do I put this delicately? Our.. plumbing system has had a bit of a problem. Long story short, the things that should have been "flushed away" are currently sitting on the back patio. We do not know what to do. It is going to be a GREAT night.

My companion is the greatest! She is so sweet. She loves to sing REALLY loud and at all times. It is really entertaining. She is really excited to help, and she knows a lot already. I feel really silly when we have to do the 12 semana program. I seriously do not feel qualified to teach someone how to be a missionary. haha... Oh well. Ni modo. The best is when she gets really excited and starts to contact someone, and then she gets scared halfway through and looks at me like "HELP." hahaha She is precious. 

We had a date set for Itzigari this last saturday, and her interview was scheduled for Thursday. When we called her that morning she said that someone had told her super-Catholic mom that she was hanging out with the Mormons, and that she had gotten really upset. She basically told us that she did not want to get baptized anymore, but she still wanted to listen, read the Book of Mormon, and go to church. Well... that is not actually okay, so we ran over there as fast as our little water-logged shoes could carry us. We went there and we read 3 Nefi 11. We read slowly and analyzed and applied and learned and the spirit was awesome. And then we had her pray about what we had read. Her prayer was so sweet. So simple and so perfect. When we stood up she just said, "I know it´s true. I want to be baptized." BOOM! YES! It was awesome. I just wanted to do a fist pump in the air because the Spirit is REAL and Heavenly Father works miracles!!! It is something I am seeing again and again and again. It does not get old.

And so Itzigari was baptized on Saturday! Unfortunately, she was not confirmed on Sunday because of the time change. We had day-light savings again and she had thought she was too late for church. haha.. Next week. 

OH! That same Thursday, we took a field trip mid-study to see our landlady about moving out. I just took the phone and my planner, because I did not want to carry around my 1000 pound bag. Besides... what more could I need? OH. That´s right... KEYS. And the best part is I didn´t realize I didn´t have the keys until we had walked all the way home. In the rain. So then we had to walk all the way back to the nice land lady and explain to her that I am a bit of an air head... Luckily she had the key. She also was pretty entertained. It was so embarrassing. Did I mention I feel underqualified to train? hahaha... My life is so exciting. 

Well.. I love you I love you I love you! I am SO GLAD that you are all well. Keep safe, especially from this scary ebola thing. Who knows what that is? 

Paz y bendiciones, 

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment