Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

PALENQUE


Hola,

I do not have a lot of time to write today because we actually still have a whole lot to do today that we have not done. Why have we not done our normal P-day activities, you ask? Well, because we went to PALENQUE to see the RUINS!!!!!!

It was the best. I am not even joking. Maybe it is because I love history... but I don´t think so. I am pretty sure anybody would love the ruins of Palenque because they are awesome. Especially because we had the coolest tour guide in the world. She was a 27 year old recent convert/ returned missionary that grew up playing hide and seek in the ruins. She owns one of the little stores there, too. Long story short: She knows everything. She knows all the stories and all the secrets AND she also relates everything to the Book of Mormon. 

Por ejemplo: There was this great governor that the Mayan people had named Pacán (or something like that) who had a really huge temple built for himself as a tomb. The cover of his coffin has this weird design on it, but our guide showed us how the top part represented a type of heaven, and the bottom part a type of hell. In the middle was Pacán... in some sort of waiting place in between. There was also a cross on it. She said that the members there believe that this cover shows his understanding of the spirit world, that he knew he was going to be in a place of waiting, and that he also knew of Jesus Christ. They think he was a Nephite or a Lamanite and it was SO COOL. Wow. My words do not make sense. I apologize. But there was also a tower like the tower of King Benjamin. I AM LIVING IN BOOK OF MORMON COUNTRY. My mission is so cool. 

It is for this precise reason that I love testifying of the Book of Mormon. Hermana Solis (my new companion.. who is from Morelos Mexico and is the most adorable thing ever) and I have decided to start contacting with the Book of Mormon, and it has been a wonderful thing. I love talking about it, because these people are literally the descendents of Lehi and that blows my mind. I just want them to understand so badly! "THEY WROTE THIS FOR YOU!"

We have met a lot of wonderful people that way, but there are still some that don´t understand. The other day we went to visit this lady we have been teaching, but only her husband was there. He was "sleeping." So we left a note and went away. We passed by again about 10 minutes later to go to another appointment, and when we came within sight of the house we heard "DAD! THEY´RE COMING AGAIN!!" haha. We literally watched him JUMP back into the hammock and start "sleeping" again. It hurt my feelings, but it was also hilarious. I don´t think we´ll be going back.

Itzigari came to church on Sunday! AND she said her husband has stopped drinking! She loved church. I will tell you why: Church is the best. haha.. Especially this Sunday because it was the primary program! I played the piano, and one of the primary children directed the singing! It was precious. And then in principios del evangelio a recent convert talked about the gathering of Israel, and it was also awesome. She´s knows how to explain things in a way that everyone will understand, and she testifies like she has been a member all her life. She is awesome. And then in relief society we had this amazing lesson on love and charity and being a friend to those in need. It was perfect. They ended the lesson with everybody giving hugs and notes of love to everybody else. I LOVE CHURCH!

The Church is true. It has been restored. It is the church Christ would have us be a part of. The Book of Mormon is SO TRUE. It is awesome. I love it. 

Read your scriptures, say your prayers, spread the gospel.

I love you I love you I love you!

Hermana Moser

Shout out to Aunt Becky, Katie, Julian, and Amber for the dearelders! LOVE YOU GUYS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment