Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It was the BEST DAYY EVERR!!

'Ello mates!

Just thought I´d shake up the greeting a little bit. How is everyone doing? Sounds like er´rything is going just great! I am very proud of my family and the good things that ya´ll are doing. I just can´t get over how wonderful you guys are!!

My week was FABULOUS! I am not joking. There were no pig heads or eyeballs in sight. haha.. That´s not why my week was fabulous though. It started on Tuesday after District class where I tried REALLY hard not to get excited about the mail because there is usually nothing for us. And then good old Elder intheofficesthatisAmericanbutwithanameIcan´tpronounce handed me TWO DEARELDERS! AND THEY WERE AWESOME! So thanks, Ma, for being a champ. :) 

Continuing on through the week where I got to go to Parrilla on exchanges to work with Hermana Segundo and where we made tamalles in Relief Society and Hermana Weaver and I taught our first English class. Saturday was the day that I felt like a real live geunine successful missionary. (Somedays you feel like you can take on the world and be the most powerful missionary out there, and some days you just don´t. This mission thing is a real emotional rollercoaster, let me tell you). We taught this joven (young) named Alejandro who is awesome and has a thousand questions. He is like a Joseph Smith in his desire to know the truth. He is only 16. He has prayed about the Book of Mormon with the missionaries before, like a year ago, and he felt he received an answer... but he said his dad won´t let him get baptized. We do not know his dad, nor really anything about this family and their needs, but Alejandro came to sacrament meeting and we are SO excited for him! 

Then we went to visit Nelly, who is 71 years old and has the coolest voice and we love her. I do not know how much I have told you about her... She was awesome the first and second times we went to her house, and the third time she told us that she was too old to change. She can´t start believing in people named Nefi and Lehi when she´s 71.. she just can´t! But actually, she can. We read the scriptures in Alma that compare the word to a seed. There´s one verse that talks about denying the truth, and when she got to that part she just paused and said all horrified "That´s what I´m doing, isn´t it?" and went on. She accepted to keep listening to us, and we are slowly gaining her trust. This week she admitted some things that have been weighing her down for the last 40 years. She cried and we cried with her. I could feel her anguish and her fear...We talked about the atonement, and then we gave her the pamphlet of the gospel of Christ. When we came back, due to some of her other things that she told us, we were talking about the Plan of Salvation. When we wrote the word "baptism" as part of the life on Earth, she got all excited and said, "That´s what I´m missing!!" She now has a date set, and we love her and I am SO excited. 

Then we went to talk to Lucas and Daniela. They are currently living together, and a few weeks ago Lucas (who is a little.. or a lot.. What´s the word? Wants to fight me) {I think she means "contentious"} asked us how we felt about that. So we gave him a ley de castidad (Law of Chastity) pamphlet and said we would be back to talk about it. We went back Saturday fully expecting him to start a bible bash or something, and he did bring up polygamy at the beginning, but that boy was quiet as anything the whole lesson. When we asked for his thoughts he just said, "You´re right." Sooooo... Now they´re getting married. #Huzzah!

Those were some of the highlights of my week. I have felt the guidance of the spirit SO STRONGLY in these days.. I cannot even describe. Thank you so much for your prayers and support! Please know I am praying for you too. Give my love to Julia. Can´t imagine what she must be going through. 

I love you I love you I love you!!!

Hermana Monser.

No comments:

Post a Comment