Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, August 4, 2014

HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

July 28, 2014
Hey family!

Do you know another awesome holiday that apparently doesn´t exist in Mexico? Pioneer Day. I was severely bummed by the lack of parades and community plays that happens here on the 24th. That being said, Saturday they did make me steak and mashed potatoes (first mashed taters since leaving the states.. I almost cried)  sooooo... I guess I´ll live. :) 

We have found a lot of new people the past couple of weeks, and we have been told that 9 times out of 10 we should start with the message of the Restauracion. Hence, we have been talking a lot about the apostasy, Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon, etc. When we talk about the first vision, we always talk about the background of the experience, o sea, the religion tension, the questions the Joseph Smith had, and, most importantly, the scripture that he read in James 1:5. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not and it shall be given him." 

What do you think of when you hear that scripture? This week I have realized that throughout my life I have really only applied that scripture to this specific situation. Like, "If you have a question about which church is true, or about the Book of Mormon, you can ask God and he will tell you that it´s true." Without a doubt, God answers this question quickly and strongly... the evidence of which I have seen and experienced more times than I could ever count in my time as one of the Lord's missionaries. However, the scripture does not specify what kind of question or "lack of wisdom" that God will help you with. He is our Father, and as such is eager and willing to answer ALL of our questions. "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you." There is nothing we can do as individuals that is more important than prayer. We need that open communication with Deity to receive the wisdom we need in EVERY situation. I have read and heard and seen so many evidences of that this week that I am in awe. 

So anyroad.. I invite all of you to rely more fully on the Lord. Promise it will make you a lot happier.

 What else happened this week... Oh! This morning Hermana Ayala and I decided to go to Plaza Altabrisa, because we always pass it on the way to Cura Hueso and, well, we wanted to see it on the inside. It is SO NICE. I am not joking. Like Prada and Steve Madden and Ralph Lauren nice. I felt very very very out of place. It was more like a museum than a store. We went to a cheap little place kind of like Claire´s to buy ourselves rings to help us remember to as for references. We´re really bad at that. :) haha oops. 

GOOD LUCK TODD!!! How exciting to have another cousin join the ranks! I know he will do great things! I am so lucky to be a part of the Moser/ Browning clan! I will be forever grateful for the examples I have in my parents, siblings, grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins. Ya´ll are the best. 

I know it might be hard to enjoy the Browning reunion this year without... well, without me.. but try really hard to have fun, okay? I promise that I´ll be there next year to liven the party. :) HAHA Joking. Have a lot of fun and take lots of pictures, porfa! 

i love you I love you i love you!

Hermana Moser

Hey dad.. remember when you asked if I didn´t talk about the lizards and bugs because there aren´t any? GET A LOAD OF THIS PART OF MY AREA. There are definitely lizards and bugs.. and they are a thousand times bigger.

This is me making tamales. (Does that mean you´ll let me come home? haha)

This is Yolanda (RC) and Nancy (I) below at church the Sunday that could have been our last Sunday. Love them! :)

Hermana Weaver and I celebrating the birth of the USA. (Don´t be fooled... those are empty cans of rootbeer.)










No comments:

Post a Comment