Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Thursday, June 5, 2014

OH THEY SAY WHEN YOU EMAIL IN JUUNE...

June 2, 2014

BUENAS TARDES A TODOS!

This is gonna be real quick, kids. We had ourselves some baptisms this weekend and it was WONDERFUL but now we have some paperwork. Good times. Gooooood times. 

Yes, Mother dearest, I did buy my shoes. They are lovely granny shoes and I am proud to wear them. I feel like a real missionary now! haha.. but seriously. Almost all the latina misioneras have them, so I´m pretty much Mexicana by now. 

This week was wonderful! Lots of walking and teaching and planning and talking. The best part was yesterday, however. It was just a really good Sunday. The testimonies were all really strong, we taught Gospel Principles (so who knows how THAT really turned out, hahaha), and for Relief Society/ Priesthood we had a combined training meeting on the work of salvation. They showed the video "Missionary Work and the Atonement." If you have never watched it, I highly suggest you look it up. It is the most powerful thing I have ever seen. I had seen it before, but not since entering the field. 

Part of it is from an MTC talk given by Elder Holland. He was talking about why this work is so hard. We know the church is true, we believe in miracles, we are living worthy... Why aren´t more people getting baptized? Why do people reject us? Elder Holland believes it´s because "Salvation is not a cheap experience." If even the perfect missionary (our Savior, Jesus Christ) asked the Father to "remove this cup," why are we surprised that sharing His message is no whimsical or easy thing to do? It was a bit of a wake up call for me, and I committed right then to focus more on my purpose as a missionary. This is precious time that I have been given, and I DO NOT want to waste it.  

Go watch it. :) 
Anyone knows an ant can't move a rubber tree plant...but one leaf at a time....maybe!

Temple Trip!

Opening my Birthday package

I am glad that you are all safe and healthy! (Relatively speaking). I´m a happy little lark in the rain right now. Turns out I will be soaking wet ALL of my mission thanks to sweat and rain. But hey! It´s a wonderful life and I am enjoying it thoroughly. Just learning the area really well because next week are cambios, and since Hermana Lopez has 6 months in Deportiva.....Chances are I´ll be getting a new companion next week. It´s terrifying, but I can do hard things. :) 

I love you I love you I love you!!!

Hermana Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment