Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, June 9, 2014

...drum roll... CAMBIOS!

Kidding! I mean.. not kidding. We really did have cambios today, but I am still very much in Deportiva. Hermana Lopez has left for some place that I can never remember how to pronounce, and now I am here with the lovely and talented Hermana Ayala. :) Should be a good cambio. Excitement is in the air.
Anyroad, Buenas tardes familia mía! 

Sounds like you´ve had all kinds of adventures! It´s really unfortunate that Nathan didn´t get a full nights rest the night before Boys State. Rumor has it that you do not get a lot of sleep there. And then if you nod off in class... well.. The punishment is you get even less sleep. So let´s hope home-boy is having a good time. haha

Also, I don´t believe for a second that all the children wanted to write me out of the love and good intentions of their hearts. They just wanted to get out of painting the fence. (Don´t deny it. Been there, done that, used that excuse). But i love them anyway and can´t wait to hear from them next week. :)

Since it has been a while since I have given you a good food story, please sit back and enjoy the following: 

One time, Hermana Lopez and I went to the home of a lovely menos activa that was having a rough moment in her life. In most homes, they offer us some sort of beverage while we are there which we accept gratefully because we are sweating all day. The hermana offered us some "agua," we said "por favor," and out came two tall cold glasses of some sort of chunky liquid. Upon tasting, I realized that it was chunky cucumber water with juuuuust enough onion to give it a good kick. A good enough "kick" that we pretended to drink it all through the lesson, and then offered to "wash the cups" and pour it down the sink. Bless her. Cucumbers and onions do not belong together in liquid form. 

I spoke again in church yesterday. They lock the gate right at 9 for safety reasons, and then open it again right after the sacrament for whoever comes late. Yesterday at 9 o´clock there were 4 missionaries, 5 recent converts, and about 3 other families. So Bishop Hermandez asked Hermana Lopez and I to speak, and the other misioneras to bear testimony. Good times. 

 I had this week that opened my eyes quite a bit in regards to the atonement. We went to visit another less active sister the other night with the plan to share a message on the Holy Ghost. When we got there, she was watching a movie about the bible and the life of Christ. Well, the movie was terrible, but we didn´t know how to ask her to turn off a movie about the very message that we bring.. so we just whipped out our himnarios and asked if we could sing a hymn. "Should I turn off the movie first?" "Yes, hermana.. I mean.. if you want to.." We sang "Asombro Me Da" ("I Stand All Amazed") and then simply bore testimony of the reality of the Savior and his Atonement. All the way home I had the words of that hymn going through my head.

 "I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me; confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me. I tremble to know that for me He was crucified.. that for me a sinner he suffered, he bled, and died. Oh it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me! Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me!"

It truly is incredible the LOVE that Jesus must have for every single one of us. It fills my heart with such joy to think that each individual is so loved and so remembered and so worth it in the eyes of God. OH it is WONDERFUL! Wonderful to me. 

I love you I love you I love you!!!

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment