Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

FELICIDADES A MI PAPA!!!

Bautismo de Matilde y Leudy! (Who, by the way, are on FIRE with the references. Love them!)


Translation: The climate of Tabasco is lovely and fresh... what happens is you can´t feel it because of the HEAT! hahahaha... hilarious.

Add This is President Morales singing with the Mariachi band they brought in for the Ward Father´s Day activity last Monday. He´s the coolest! :) haha

Found a friend with a Capitán America shield.
Talked my companion into buying Capitán America soap :) It smells delicious.

We invited the whole band to church. None of them came. #howrude

Templo!!!!!!

BueNAS!

FELICIDADES A MI PAPA!!! TE QUIERO!!! I am glad they all treated you well. :) Love you!

... I´ll be honest. I don´t really know what to say. I apologize if this turns out real lame.

Deportiva is wonderful, and very safe... relatively speaking. They lock the gates more for the safety of the vehicles than anything. A lot of things get robbed here so... hence the lockage. I think it happens more here than it did in my last area because they´re a little more well-off. Plus, all the people see is well-dressed and good looking people entering a beautiful, clean building. But don´t you worry... We are 100% safe. 

Yesterday we visited a menos activa (who is ALWAYS entertaining) who says that she can´t go to church because she´s scared to live her house alone "with all the wickedness in the world." So we shared the scripture about the wise man and the foolish man and upon what we should build our house. After she read the scripture I asked "Which house does the scripture say was stronger... The house built on the rock, or the house built on the sand?" And she said, after thinking for a little bit, "Well, probably the house on the sand, because if there´s an earthquake the rocks are just going to crumble." hhahahahaha... Oh good ole Leticia. Love her. She never did quite get where we were going with that scripture...

Last week was WONDERFUL but exhausting. We had the Consejo de Liderazgo (Hermana Ayala has been assigned as Lider Capacitadora... the 4th of my 4 companions to have the assignment) so I had divisions for half a day, zone conference, annnnndd I went to the temple twice in one day. :) The first was because the misioneros from the consejo were going to go that night, and another hermana that hadn´t gone in a long time needed a companion. Thus, I was assigned to go with her in the morning. Then, that afternoon we were going to go do baptisms for the dead with the youth and recent converts. As it turns out, missionarys can´t do baptisms, so we were asked to do a session instead. It was wonderful! but also exhausting. I love the temple! There really is no other place where you can feel the spirit quite as strongly. It is amazing the peace it brings. 

Hermana Ayala is wonderful! She is like a combination of all of my companions. :) She is from Monterrey, she´s 20 years old, the youngest of 4, and has 10 months in the mission. We have found so many amazingly prepared people this week! I am so excited to work this cambio!!! She is REALLY good at speaking with everybody. Sometimes we pass a person and she just stops, flips around, and starts contacting. I am going to learn a lot from her. :) 

Good luck with RAGNAR this week, to all who are crazy enough to participate. I´ll definitely be praying for you :) 

I love you I love you I love you!! 

Con amor, 
Hermana Monster

PS WELCOME HOME ELDER WITHERS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment