Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Cunduacan--week 19

May 18, 2015
Heeeeey!

So.. last week was waaay better than the week before. Still nobody wants to get baptized, but we have been meeting new people left and right that are so awesome! Sometimes I just think to myself about how cool all the people are. Everyone has a story. You see someone on the side of the road, and you think that you basically know what they are going to say, and then you actually talk to them and you realize that they are nothing like the person you thought they were. Everyone has surprised me with the depth of their thoughts and how much they have gone through in their lives. It is the coolest to be able to talk to everyone. I have learned so much through the stories of other people. 

In other news: hermana Knowles and I are pozol champions. Literal champions. We drank so much pozol last week that I am pretty sure we each gained 50 pounds. What is pozol, you ask? It is kind of like a tortilla smoothie. With cacao. I thought it was dirt in a cup the first time I drank it, but it grows on you. They say that it takes away the heat and the thirst.... And since it is one billion degrees outside all the time, the whole world has been giving us pozol. One time we drank like a whole liter before lunch. And then we had to go to lunch. We both thought we were going to die. Here´s to a week with less pozol, eh? 

We are making more of an effort to pray specifically for our investigadores. Sometimes it is hard to remember all of them, but we do our very best and we have been seeing mini miracles. For example: José half accepted a fecha! He still says that it will only be if he feels ready or "when he says"... but we are working for May 30th! We have been praying really hard for him to feel a strong desire to be baptized, and that we will be able to know whatever it is that is holding him back. He has his interview scheduled with our district leader (who is a super missionary....Seriously the best district leader ever) this friday. We are super excited for him, even if he is still not 100% sure. 

Thanks for all the support you have given me, mi familia. I feel incredibly blessed to have been born to my parents, and to have had the childhood that I had. I am grateful for every part of my life, and I want to do everything that I can to show my Heavenly Father just how grateful I really am. Thanks for letting me stay out here a little bit longer. :) And for NOT reminding me how many days I have left. haha

I love you I love you I love you!

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment