Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Another week bites the dust. And so did my companion.

May 25, 2015

BUEEEnas tardes.

Hope you are all good and healthy and behaving yourselves.

Everything is just fine and dandy here in Mexico! Everyone keeps reminding me of how much time I have left... the bishop... the ward members... the invesitgadores... President Morales... But Hermana Knowles and I have decided that we are going to pretend that I am staying for another 6 months. It makes me feel way better about life. I think about going home and I get a liiiiiittle stressed out.

This week has been great! And emotionally challenging... but hey! So is every week in the mission! A highlight of the week was the following:

Here in Mexico you cannot drink out of the faucet. Well.. You can.. but you will get deathly ill and that is not good. So we always have to go buy 20 liter jugs of water from the nearest corner store and carry the thing all the way to our house. We are super strong, so we do it ourselves instead of asking for help. #'Murica. The other day we took a field trip in the middle of weekly planning to go get the water, but nobody had any. We walked pretty much all over town. Then we finally found someone close to home that sold our brand of water, and we bought it. Hermana Knowles, being the tough cookie that she is, hoisted that bad boy over her shoulder and off we went. She was complaining about how it was heavier than normal and joked about how she was going to drop it. I had literally just said, "don´t you dare drop that" when i heard a thundering crash behind me. DOOOWWN SHE GOES! She just pretty much face planted it into the pavement. Well... not really, but she did scratch her knees up real nicely. (Thanks Dr. Dad for the band-aids and antibiotic ointment). Moral of the story: Be grateful you can drink from the tap. It´s a real knee-saver.

I honestly think that I was supposed to extend my mission for the district class that I am in. We have the best district leader in probably the history of the world. His name is Elder Lopez. He only has 3 months in the mission, but his classes are so good! and they inspire Hermana Knowles and I to do things that we have never done in our missions before! And his inspirational stories are hilarious. You´ll have to remind me to tell you the story of him in the Extra. Writing it out just doesn´t do it justice. Know that it made all of us laugh until we cried.

Friday we had interviews with President Morales, where I cried because I still don´t feel like I have progressed to where I wanted to be. I won´t go into details...but President Morales is the best. He made me feel so good about myself and the work that I have done in the last months of my life, and he also made me feel a little bit better about going home. I am excited for the.... other interview next week! To make it even better, he took us out to dairy queen on the way to the bus station.. just Hermana Knowles and I. Pretty sure we are his favorites. :) I could be wrong...but I don´t think so.

Well, I am healthy and happy and working really hard. I am still not the perfect missionary, but I am realizing that I don´t have to be in order to help others. Nor do I have to be a full-time missionary to serve the Lord for my whole life. But I WILL take FULL advantage of these last two weeks that I have. Ugh. There.. I said it. SO WEIRD!!

Love you. Praying for you.

I love you I love you i love you!

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment