Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Compa Americana part 3

March 30, 2015
Heeeeeey guys,

Sorry about last week. I was as sad about it as you were, trust me. My companion was just REALLY fascinated by all of the animals found in la venta, and took a picture of every single one of them. She didn´t understand the time crunch we were in, I guess. And then we took a combi that took us faaaaaaaar away from where we wanted to be.. and then we got stuck in traffic... It was a wonderful time. Trust me. Also it rained. The good news is that La Venta is really cool! When you two take me back to Mexico I will bring you and I will buy you dulce de coco and pozol. Because it is the best.

 I am feeling like my communication skills are not their best today. 

Probably because we had transfers. Transfers always jargle the noggin. My dear Hermana Rivero dela Guarda went to who-knows-where, and now I am here in Cunduacán with Hermana Knowles! (That´s right! American companion #3 for the WIIN). She is from Riverton, Utah, she has 14 months in the mission, and she is awesome. We are about to rock this place. 

This last Saturday we had three baptisms! Of Estrella, Blanca, y Zuri. They are the family of Enrique and they are WONDERFUL! I love them so much! When we go there I feel like I am going to an Aunt´s house or something. And they are super fun to teach because they do everything we ask them to do and more! Like they have read the entire Gospel Principles book. They understand everything so well, and they were so excited to be baptized! 

Something really cool happened with Zuri. She was always kind of not sure about whether or not she wanted to get baptized on Saturday, so on Thursday we went with her and read in Alma 32 about faith and then said a prayer asking God if that was what He wanted her to do. She said after the prayer she felt something like "whooosh" and all tingly and warm... so then we talked about the Spirit and everything and she seemed more calm about her baptism date. Friday we did not see them because we had a party celebrating the relief society in the which all of the hermanas came dressed up as pioneers. Hilarious, because they all brought their bonnets and their 6-inch heels. I love Mexico! haha. Saturday morning we went, and Blanca and Estrella were super sure about what they wanted, but they said that Zuri still was not sure. And she wasn´t there! she was out with her friends!! AHH! We were  super nervous, but we trusted in the answers that we knew God had already given her. 

So then all three of them were super late for the baptism service, and I was super stressed out because... well, baptisms stress me out. Until then we saw Zuri walking up the sidewalk all beautiful in a new dress and smiling and happy and ready to be baptized!!!! WE WERE SO EXCITED!!! But this is where the cool part happened: 

Zuri came back that morning more confused than before. So Blanca, her mom, started reading Mosiah 18 with her. Zuri was crying and not sure, and then she noticed that something was written in the front of her Book of Mormon. She asked her mom to read it, and it was John 3:5! "El que no naciere del agua y del espiritu no puede entrar al reino de Dios." (Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. ) She took that for her answer. :) But the weird part is no one knows who wrote it! It is the book that we gave her, but we never wrote anything... and they have asked everyone that had access to it... nothing. Super cool. Heavenly Father is AWESOME and He ALWAYS answers prayers! 
I can´t remember much else that happened. I am exhausted. haha.. I am glad that you had fun in Seattle! Mexico is better, but... next year :) Also, THANK YOU for the clips of Naflin singing. That kid is GOOD! My goodness gracious... Even with the videos being upside down I was amazed. :) haha "If I were a rich man" was my favorite. Loved the shimy. 

I love you I love you I love you!

Have a good week!

Hermana Moser

PS.. Mom, the president said today that I will be going home on the 6th. I will be traveling by myself... but now you don´t have to worry about scheduling conflicts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment