Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Monday, January 5, 2015

FELIZ NAVIDAD A TODOS!!!!

Dec. 22, 2014

The most exciting thing that happened was the baptism that was held on friday. I mean.. We didn´t do much for the baptism. Fernando was our investigator for a while.. but then stuff happened and we gave him to the elders a week before his baptism date. But the important thing is that he got baptized, and he looked SO happy! He was just beaming, bless him. Love it when that happens.  

Jose´s daughter was also baptized that day. She is awesome. And his wife is coming back tonight! WHOO!!! Can you hear weddng bells? I think I hear some wedding bells.....

It was crazy, though, because after the baptism we were going to have the big christmas party. But the relief society president wasn´t there and there were NO decorations and no chairs and basically no nothing. So we watched until the actual ordinance and then we RAN to the salón sacramental to decorate everything. It was a great time. We had a nice little program where the choir sang... it was funny, but not quite as funny as last year... and then they had THREE piñatas and a dinner-slash-dance party. Do not worry. We missionaries did not dance. We have incredible self-control. The party was still going strong when we left at 9. hahaha... i do not know what I am going to do when I go back to the chairs-are-up-at-8:30 life. 

Yesterday was a good time, too, because the church flooded. We asked all the members to meet us at the church at 5 to go out and sing to the less active families. We get there, and there is the district presidency and their wives and the branch presidency sweeping out the church. It flooded BIG TIME from a broken pipe in the ceiling. We were there for over an hour sweeping out the water. That´s the good part about all-tile, I guess. Only the presidents office has carpet. When you step down on it it ripples out underneath like a waterbed. :) Gooood times. 

Hermana Solis and I went to Palenque on... Thursday and Friday to help our hermanas with the mission work there. Those misioneras are wonderful. :) I just love them. We met some super prepared people. There was a kid sitting on the sidewalk, so we decided to go watch Él es la Dádiva with him. He started to talk about how he used to go to a Christian church, but then his family started having some major problems and he turned to drugs and alcohol. We talked to him about the atonement and his Savior and the LOVE that our Heavenly Father has for us. We talked to him about how never is too late. We talked about how God is still waiting to receive him with open arms. I don´t know what will happen to him... but I hope that something of the message we shared stuck. He is only 17 years old. It breaks my heart to know that there are still so many people who doubt God´s love. It is the best gift that anyone could ever receive at any point in time. I am so grateful for the scriptures, for the restored gospel, and for the testimony that God has blessed me with. I am grateful for prayer. I love being a missionary, and I am so grateful to be spending this holy season in His service. 

I love you I love you I love you.

We good if we skype at 5 mexico time on Thursday? Sure hope so... I will email when I log on :) PLEASE BE THERE!

FELIZ NAVIDAD!

Hermana Moser

No comments:

Post a Comment