Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

¡FELIZ 4 DE JULIO!

Buenas tardes a mi querida familia.. como estan?!

Well.. turns out I was right about how Mexicans celebrate American independence: They don´t. And everyone I told was like, "And that is important because.....?" Bless them. Someday they´ll understand. It was really funny, though, because we had zone conference that morning and EVERY American was there in red, white, and blue. It was the best. Didn´t even plan it. Just that national pride showing through. Even the elders had their ties all color-coordinated. Except one elder, but then I remembered that he was from Canada. So that explains that. The dressing up was the only real celebrating that got done. I had bought a rootbeer (that I searched high and low to find) last Monday, but my companion drank it right in front of me without asking and so I did not get any on the 4th. I took it as a trial of my patience, and just let her drink in peace. But next year, I´m goin all out on the root beer. #prepareyourselves

Glad to hear that your 4th was awesome! Carrie Underwood!!! She is so cool! And also swimming... What I wouldn´t give to jump into a pool at any given moment. Just gotta make do with drowning yourself in agua and paletas. That is the only way to keep the headaches at bay. haha.. That, getting enough sleep, and drinking this nastiness they call "suero." I don´t know what it is, but I do NOT enjoy it. They tell us to drink one a week. Do we even have that in the US? 

The national day of indepence in Mexico, contrary to popular belief, is not 5 de Mayo. It is actually 15 de Septiembre, so I am really excited  to see that. The wards are already preparing their dance spectacles. :) Quien sabe where I will be two months from now, but it is really entertaining to watch the practices of Barrio Deportiva :) 

I am really glad that Prep is okay!! Man! What a couple of years that kid has had! I will be keeping him in my prayers.

This week has been frustrating because people have been rude. I don´t even know why, because it is not even nearly as hot as it was last month. All we say is "Hola" and they say "I´m Catholic, have a nice day." One afternoon was particularly disheartening. We had been doing our best to talk with everyone and have our 2 new investigadores that the president has challenged us to find daily, but no one wanted to talk to us. They literally said, "No quiero nada de ustedes." (I want nothing from you.)  I was ready to just go to a recent converts house, because they are always really welcoming, but my companion was unstoppable. She just went up to this house that had the door open and started talking to these two old people. At first, they were very not interested either, but we did not let them get away that easily. We kept talking, and eventually our girlish charm won them over. They invited us in, they gave us some juice, and we talked about the basic beliefs of the church for a while. We went back yesterday and taught the restoration, and they accepted to read the Book of Mormon! They are just precious, and we are hoping they don´t get called away to work any time soon. (They work in plataforma. When the call comes in, they´ll be gone for 20+ days). Just goes to show that you should NEVER get discouraged, because you never know when the next person you talk to will be the one that accepts. 

Don´t know if you heard about the earthquake that we had here in Villa. Clearly, I´m fine. Didn´t feel a thing. Probably because I sleep the sleep of the living dead here in the mission. The president told us that we need to tell ya´ll that we are fine, that nothing happened to anyone, and that you should not panic. He also said that some parents had called when they heard the news. Hope it wasn´t you, because that would be embarrassing. :) haha  (IT WAS NOT HER MOTHER.)

Hey, remember that package that you were gonna start putting together? If you could find my baby English hymnbook and send it to me, that would be great. We sing in English in all district and zone meetings here, and, as it turns out, I don´t have all the songs memorized. So thanks :) 

Other fun facts about this week:
-I made a cake in the microwave
- Our golden investigator Pedro made a comment about how heavy his granddaughter was that had me laughing real hard
- We got a lavadora!!! (washer) It is really tiny, and there is no secadora, (dryer) but I am so excited! Next week I will send pictures. (we´re in the ciber with computers that I don´t know how to operate...)
- When it rains, we don´t have any water. #irony
- I was in a trio for half a day while our companions were at the consejo de liderazgo (leadership council). We walked all the way to Cura Hueso.

That is all I can remember. The days are blending and the months are flying. 

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

I love you I love you I love you!

Hermana Moser

Just remembered there are a thousand questions from Mom. Here goes:
Sunscreen is good. Forgot to put it on me on the 4th, and got a nice burn line. Didn´t hurt, and it felt like a real 4th of July. haha. I do not get headaches, thanks to the water that we drink. And also the sleep we get. (Something is telling me you don´t get 8 hours.. Call me crazy..) My granny shoes are the BEST. My feet don´t even hurt! I am officially all about the granny life. I am about a 10 minute walk away from the offices. (Which means nothing to me since I NEVER get mail. No pressure.) People are friendly, but sometimes not. I have just learned  not to make eye contact with men. Is that all? Hope so, cuz I´m about out of time. BESITOS!

No comments:

Post a Comment