Elise at temple

Elise at temple
Hermana Moser

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Praying for A Christmas Miracle

Oh hey dehr! (Canadian accent)

How is it going in good ole B-town?! I am sure it is just wonderful, because it always is. Sorry to hear about the power-outage. If that happened here, I think we would all just die. It is seriously so cold. You know what was a bad idea? Packing for Mexico. Apparently light fabrics don't do too well in the snow and ice. haha.. pero esta bien. We can muscle through it. I think there was a reason all the missionaries watched "Ephraim's Rescue" before the snow hit. :) 

My blessed companion is from Arizona, and she had the time of her life when it snowed all day. I kept losing her, only to turn around and find her taking MORE pictures. She just loved it. I told her she would get over it real quick, and she has. She keeps complaining about the "wind." That's when I say, "Hermana, this is not wind. This is the slight breeze that happens when you walk really fast to get out of the cold." Bless her. She's never been in SE Idaho. THAT is wind. 

This week we almost got to hear from another Apostle of the Lord, but the snow kept him (M. Russell Ballard) from making the trip. So Bruce C. Hafen, an emeritus member of the seventy, was called up at 4:30 that afternoon to address us instead. He did a fabulous job teaching us about the purpose behind why we go through the temple before we go on missions. But my favorite part was when he told a story about his good childhood friend, Jeffrey R. Holland. (I know). Apparently, Elder Holland had a hard time trusting the Lord and deciding to serve a mission at all. But he acted on his faith, and his mission was the most powerful experience in his life. (Go watched "Miracle of a Mission" or "Missions are Forever." It's good stuff). His mission changed his life. It just gives me so much hope that if Elder Holland even had struggles, I'm gonna be fine. I dunno. I just find this whole "trust" concept to be very interesting. 

Anyways... Brother Hafen also told us to go watched Elder Ballard's talk from this last General Conference, because that is probably what he would have said to all of us. So, I did. I would recommend for all ya'll to do the same, because it stressed the importance of missionaries and members working TOGETHER to hasten the work. He also gave us a challenge to complete before Christmas. Remember what it was? Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler? He challenged every member of The Church to reach out to a non-member friend and invite them to come closer to Christ by Christmas. If we all seriously took this challenge to heart, MILLIONS could be affected. MILLIONS BY CHRISTMAS!!!! If that doesn't get you pumped for missionary work, I don't know what will. It's a great talk. Probably go read it. Incidentally, it's entitled "Put Your Trust in the Lord." (Are you sensing a theme in my life right now? I am). 

Quick shout out to cousin Amber for being born this week! Feliz Cumplianos! 
Also shout out to Aunt Adie and Uncle Curtis! Thanks for the Christmas card! Loved it!!

So yesterday was a really great day, and not just because it was a certain someone's birthday. (see above). (And if her birthday isn't on the 4th I'm about to be real embarrassed and I apologize). I spoke SOLAMENTE ESPANOL for the entire day. No joke. Actually, I said some English words but that's just because I had no idea how to say them in Spanish. But I tried my very best, and I learned what I need to improve on in the next 10 days before I hit the field. (Wait, WHAT? AHHH). Unfortunately, it is a lot. Like a lot, a lot. But everyone keeps telling me that the focus of the MTC is not the language, it is the language of the Spirit. So that is what I have been trying to focus on. 

Also yesterday I had some lovely box elder bugs thrown on my person by the elders next door. They thought it was hilarious. I screamed really loud. I know.. You are all thinking "Elise? Scream loud? She would never do that. She is not that kind of girl." But I did. And it was embarrassing. I also got hit really hard in the back of the head with a basketball yesterday. Bien venido a mi vida. (MOM! I play basketball during PE! Actually, it's not "basketball," it's lightning.. but I still thought you would be proud of me! I am getting pretty good. I could totes take you down right now). 

Well, the Christmas lights are up about campus, and it's just that wonderful time of the year! It's still weird to think that regular life is continuing without me, but I can't think of a better way to celebrate the birth of the Savior than to share the message of his gospel. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that in Mexico. At this rate, with no word from the Visa office for any of the Villahermosa sisters, it will take a Christmas miracle to get me there on time. Good thing I know this whole experience is directed by someone who knows a lot better than I do what is ahead. 

La Inglesia de JesuCristo de los Santos de los Ultimos Dias es Verdadera! I know it. I live it. I love it. And I love all of you. 

I love you I love you I love you!
con amor, 
Hermana Moser


No comments:

Post a Comment